SGIs trying to boot Suns

David Keegel djk at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Jun 5 19:11:17 AEST 1990

We have some Irises and Suns on the same Ethernet. When we try to
reboot a diskless Sun, the Iris responds to the request and tries to
boot it. Needless to say, this doesn't work, and the Sun gets very
confused. The Iris in question (uno.cs.mu.oz.au) _is_ a server for
another diskless Iris (due.cs.mu.oz.au), but I can't find a way to
get uno to only boot due (which is want (I think) I want).

I've tried ftping sgi.com:sgi/src/rpc.bootparamd.Z and installing
that, but it doesn't seem to have helped. Uno's /etc/bootparams only
has due listed, and /usr/etc/bootptab only has due after the "%%".

Apologies if this is a well-known question, but I've only started
reading comp.sys.sgi recently (I seem to remember seeing something
about it in comp.sys.sun some time ago, though).
--

			David Keegel    (djk at cs.mu.OZ.AU)

Arthur: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford: "You ask a glass of water that."