PostScript SGI Logo

Bruno Pape root at sgzh.uucp
Mon May 7 16:58:14 AEST 1990

In article <7298 at odin.corp.sgi.com> msc at sgi.com writes:

>In article <1990May3.074723.4874 at sgzh.uucp>, root at sgzh.uucp (Bruno Pape)
>writes:
>|> I was going to ask if anyone had already written a non-bitmap PostScript
>|> implimentation of the SGI logo but I kept forgetting to so I wrote one
>|> myself.  Here it is, it runs on an IRIS using psh or on a QMS PS-810,
>|> maybe even a LaserWriter if you are lucky.
>|>
>|> If anyone has a better implimentation of it I would be glad to have it,
>|> or if anyone knows the official dimensions for it I would also be
>interested.
>
>You should have asked.  There is a PostScript SGI logo created by Dave
>Ciemiewicz in /usr/NeWS/lib/NeWS/sgilogo.ps.  This is used in the "SGI root"
>and in a few of the NeWS demos.  It is on all 4D machines running 3.0 or
>later.
>--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
>msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
>"There is much virtue in a window.  It is to a human being as a frame is to
>a painting, as a proscenium to a play.  It strongly defines its content."

Yea, the first time I was told about /usr/NeWS/lib/NeWS/sgilogo.ps I felt
real stupid.  But it sometimes does not draw the logo correctly using psh,
it needs a little reprogramming for PostScript implementations that do not
support "dictbegin" such as the QMS and probably the LaserWriter, and it
does not seem to draw small logos very well.  It is there though.

How about something non-bitmap for the text portion of the logo that will
run on a LaserWriter?

Thanks
Bruno