(none)

Lance M. Optican - LMO lmo at lsr-vax.UUCP
Thu May 10 04:11:07 AEST 1990

To: Info-Iris
Subject: GC2 Genlock board.

Video Gurus:

	I am trying to make a video tape of what is on my screen.
I supposedly have a genlock board installed, and when I do a
getvideo(DE_R1) it returns a value, but when I do a getvideo(x)
where x is one of CG_MODE, CG_CONTROL, CG_CPHASE, or CG_HPHASE,
I get a -1.

	Needless to say, using the setvideo() commands (e.g.
setvideo(CG_MODE, CG2_M_MODE2), setvideo(CG_MODE, CG_M_MODE2 | 0xA),
etc.) does not cause any voltages to come out of the "VID OUT"
port on the back of my Iris (4D120GTX).  However, there are always
pulses coming out of the other control ports on the back.

	I would like to know how to turn on my genlock board,
and what sequence of setvideo() calls I need to make it all work:
i.e., I would like to leave the console monitor running in its
regular mode, and have the lower left corner's image come out on
the NTSC composite video output port.

		Thanks,

		Lance Optican
		National Eye Institute