3D math rendering

Jeff P. M. Hultquist hultquis at nas.nasa.gov
Tue May 8 05:06:37 AEST 1990

>   From: gold at puck.wpd.sgi.com (Michael Gold)
>   Newsgroups: comp.sys.sgi
>
>   Mathematica is available through your SGI sales rep.  Our
>   implementation is rather impressive, especially if you have used
>   Mathematica on other platforms.
>
>   Michael I. Gold
>   Silicon Graphics Inc.

"Impressive"?!

Mathematica on the IRIS provides only a command line
interface.  There is no support for the editing of
notebooks; unlike "other platforms" such as the NeXT
and the Mac.

Remote users of Mathematica have access only to the
Postscript graphics.  The shaded-graphics of the GL
cannot be used remotely.

Mathematica on the IRIS is _adequate_.

Jeff Hultquist				hultquis at nas.nasa.gov
NASA - Ames Research Center		(415) 604-4970
Disclaimer:  "I am not a rocket scientist."