Abekas A60 Utilities: fromyuv

Mike Muuss mike at BRL.MIL
Thu May 10 02:37:09 AEST 1990

Steve Lamont suggests having the A60 perform the YUV--RGB conversion
internally.

My own timings with this show that the A60 takes about 20 additional seconds
to perform the conversion.  After all, it only has a 68000 CPU.
So, YUV transfer takes about 5 seconds, RGB transfer takes 25 seconds.

Our Cray XMP can perform the conversion in well under a second, and an
SGI 4D/2xx CPU can do it in a second or two, so moving the conversion
operation out of the A60 and into you host usually saves a lot of elapsed time.

Since I usually have a lot of images to send, 20 seconds/frame means a lot
to me!

	Best,
	 -Mike