Tcsh under 3.3 and rlimits

Russell J Fulton;ccc032u russell at ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz
Fri Oct 19 07:56:35 AEST 1990

We use tcsh (that I got from vgr.brl.mil) as our standard shell.
With the arrival of 3.3 we would like to take advantage of the new Berkley
limits commands. The problem is that these are `builtin' to the shells and
ofcourse they are not in tcsh.

Since tcsh is distributed as a set patches to the 4.3 csh sources which have
the limit code, then I assume that who ever ported it to the SGI removed
it. Could we have it back please?

We have a messy work around at the moment, we wrote a small C program
which sets the limits with the rlimits system call and then execs tcsh.

Cheers, Russell.