Tcsh under 3.3 and rlimits

Russell J Fulton;ccc032u russell at ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz
Fri Oct 19 13:09:59 AEST 1990

>From my original posting:

>We use tcsh (that I got from vgr.brl.mil) as our standard shell.
>With the arrival of 3.3 we would like to take advantage of the new Berkley
>limits commands. The problem is that these are `builtin' to the shells and
>ofcourse they are not in tcsh.

I received this reply:

->From: christos at theory.TN.CORNELL.edu
->
->Get the binary from tesla.ee.cornell.edu! The binary there is made
->by someone at silicon graphics...
->
Thanks very much Christos.

I have retrieved this version but unfortunately it does not support the
/etc/cshrc file, which we need to set the hard limits in the first place.

Does anybody know who at SG built this version so I can ask them to recompile
it with the option to enable the global cshrc file?

Thanks, Russell.

Russell Fulton, Computer Centre, University of Auckland, New Zealand.