have you been listening?

Rayan Zachariassen rayan at cs.toronto.edu
Sat Oct 20 07:37:43 AEST 1990

I got a strange query today... a guy from Medicine wanted to come "listen"
to a floorstand and a rackmount SGI.  I was rather... taken aback.. by this.
Turns out he wants to put it in an operating room (during an operation)
and therefore has a legitimate concern about this.   Since our SGIs are
all in machine rooms where you can hardly hear yourself think, listening
to an SGI around here is likely to be a frustrating experience.  Does anyone
have dB numbers for the SGI packages (in particular, a 310 and its rackmount
equivalent is what he is interested in)?

Whimsically,

rayan