Transferring files via serial lines (UUCP?)

Roger Nelson - Grad Student rnelson at eecs.wsu.edu
Sat Oct 20 08:35:37 AEST 1990

------

(Probably just a basic UNIX question...)

We have recently acquired two SGI personal Iris stations.
We will be connecting them with ethernet in about a month or so, but in the
interim, we would like to transfer files between the two machines.

Both machines have the UUCP programs on them.  I imagine that it is possible
to use UUCP over the serial lines (Ie. /dev/ttyd2) ?

If so, how does one go about setting up and using UUCP?
The man pages don't provide much information on setting up for UUCP.

 Thanks,

____  | ^          |    Roger Nelson          rnelson at yoda.eecs.wsu.edu
 \_  ^    _________|    Pullman, WA 99164
   `-----'