problem with malloc (Irix 3.3.1)

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Wed Oct 31 10:36:41 AEST 1990

In article <ianh.656882312 at morgana>, ianh at bhpmrl.oz.au (Ian Hoyle) writes:

|> Well I've fixed the problem.
|> [stuff deleted]
|> thus loading libmalloc *last*.
|>
|> I don't think it's a case of RTFM because I've just done that and couldn't
|> find reference to exactly where the library definition should go in a cc
|> compile line. eg. from the manual entry for malloc(3X) :

It's in the cc(1) entry I expect.

The real point of this message is that I suspect your program still has a bug
in it.  All you've done by linking with a different malloc is change the
circumstances under which the bug rears its ugly head.  Read and pay attention
to Scott Henry's excellent primer on debugging malloc problems.
--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"There is much virtue in a window.  It is to a human being as a frame is to
a painting, as a proscenium to a play.  It strongly defines its content."