kermit on sgi4d 20G

Anthony J. Persechini ajp2o at crocus.medicine.rochester.edu
Wed Oct 31 09:25:42 AEST 1990

A while back I was looking for a way to transfer data between
ia laptop  and a 4d20G. Several people suggested
kermit, so I set this up and it works fine except for one
problem.  Whenever I have kermit on the sgi running
as a server it sends data to the printer, on /tty/d2, even though
the terminal connection is via /tty/d1, and data are transferred
correctly through this link. I cannot figure out
way data are being sent to the printer, which needless
to say chokes on it.

Anyone experienced with kermit on sgi machines have
any idea what my problem is? By the way, I have
tried specifying the tty line when I run kermit on the remote (sgi)
machine, this has no effect on the spurious data transmissions.

--
Tony Persechini
Department of Physiology