Molecular Modeling (INSIGHTII)

doelz at urz.unibas.ch doelz at urz.unibas.ch
Wed Oct 10 17:06:16 AEST 1990

In article <4778 at tuminfo1.lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de>, uh311ae at sun7.lrz-muenchen.de (Henrik Klagges) writes:
> program from Biosym. I get, however, various bugs. It starts with annoying
> procedures while creating CPK surfaces and ends up with:
>
> "A serious internal error has occured. The program cannot continue."
> "caught core_trap() in sys_await_event.c"
>
> This happens especially often when I use medium-sized assemblies. and start

I am working with the software mentioned for over two years now. The
problem is patience. Some procedures are time-consuming, and BIOSYM's
surfaces in CPK are special in order to permit depth-cueing effects. The
calculation takes long and the input queue is open. Once this queue
recognizes overflow, core_trap() prevents a segmentation violation error
and, therefore, exits. You should contact the BIOSYM office in Munich
if you need more detailed information.

The easiest workaround is to wait for completion of the steps and hit the
mouse button afterwards.

Regards
Reinhard