flight TCP hack? (was: Re: sources for GL demo programs)

Kevin Lahey kml at mosquito.cis.ufl.edu
Tue Oct 16 06:08:56 AEST 1990

I've always been a bit disappointed that the dogfight program could only
be used on my local net, since it uses broadcast UDP packets.  Has anyone
hacked the program to use TCP connections, instead?  It seems like, IMHO,
I could get the program set up so that I could play with someone at a
really remote site this way.  Am I missing something?  Has this already
been done?  Is it a really lame idea?  Am I asking too many questions? :-)

Thanks,
Kevin
kml at mosquito.cis.ufl.edu
"X11 -- the MULTICS of window systems."