3.3 mount problem

Jonathan Tilley tilley at ukfca1
Fri Oct 12 20:11:01 AEST 1990

In article <9009281826.AA29882 at cssun.tamu.edu>, genetti at CSSUN.TAMU.EDU (Jon Genetti) writes:

> I just recently installed IRIX 3.3 on a personal iris.  Everything went
> smooth until I tried to mount other file systems.  Doing a standard mount
> (like in the manual) returned this:
>
> # /etc/mount csiris3:/usr/share /usr/share
> mount: csiris3:/usr/share on /usr/share: Invalid argument
> mount: giving up on:
>    /usr/share

This problem looks very similar to one I had 6 months ago upgrading 3.1 -> 3.2.
I installed NFS using inst whilst the machine was in multiuser mode.
When I rebooted the machine, everything worked fine except for NFS giving
messages like the above. To fix this I used the lboot command to reconfigure
the system, rebooted and everything worked o.k.
I hope this helps.

Jonathan Tilley