chsh (and wish list)

Jason Heirtzler jdh at bu-pub.bu.edu
Fri Oct 12 07:48:32 AEST 1990

Does anyone have a "chsh" (change shell) for IRIX?  I've seen the
command "passmgmt", but it's only runable by the super-user.  The
ability to work with the yellow pages would also be helpful.

While I've got your attention, if SGI is listening, here's a  few
miscellaneous wishes:

  Add the "vipw" program

  Change /etc/passwd to come as mode 0644 instead of 0444 (vi is fussy)

  Change the linking process to bring in "-lsun" by default, so it's
  not necessary to relink a program to move it to another host using YP

  "su root" doesn't seem to source /.cshrc by default

jdh