/usr/NeWS/bin man pages?

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Wed Oct 31 11:08:57 AEST 1990

In article <3620 at idunno.Princeton.EDU>, millercb at phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Clifford B Miller) writes:
|> Browsing through the [3.2] file system, one comes across
|> /usr/NeWS/bin/*, most of which is SGI binary, and most of which has no
|> man pages or in fact any reference/explanation in the manuals.  Most

/usr/NeWS/bin is a symbolic link to /usr/sbin.  The majority of commands in
/usr/sbin do have man pages.  If you installed 4Dgifts binaries when you
installed or upgraded your system, then all of the 4Dgifts image processing
commands appear in /usr/sbin.  These do not have man pages.  There is a
README file in ~4Dgifts/iristools/imgtools that describes them all.

|> While I'm on the subject, there's also some undocumented stuff in
|> /usr/lib/print, which I'm also interested in.

This stuff has to do with the lp subsystem.  I think most of them are filters
for various printers.  These programs are typically invoked by lp not by
the user.

--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"There is much virtue in a window.  It is to a human being as a frame is to
a painting, as a proscenium to a play.  It strongly defines its content."