vmsbackup, new problem but last posting

Yates, John H. YATES at C.CHEM.UPENN.EDU
Thu Oct 4 05:52:00 AEST 1990

The continuing (but last from me) vmsbackup saga: As posted, I can now
get vmsbackup to work, even extracting single files on our sgi (however,
see warning in P.S. note below). So, today I went to try multiple reel
backup sets (the goal, of course) to see what would happen and... you
guessed it! Dead in the water! It must be the attributes of the Backup
because this was all tested between the same two machines.

vmsbackup fails with:

Volume: DUA2
Saveset name: DUA2.BCK   number: 1
 Snark: invalid record type
 record type = 2

on the first volume of a backup/image whose header backup/list is:

Save set:          DUA2.BCK
Written by:        SYSTEM
UIC:               [000001,000004]
Date:              13-AUG-1990 09:55:03.28
Command:           BACK/IMAGE/REW/INIT/IGNORE=INTERLOCK DUA2: MSA0:DUA2.BCK/SAVE
Operating system:  VAX/VMS version V4.5
BACKUP version:    V4.5
Written on:        _MSA0:
Block size:        8192
Group size:        10
Buffer count:      3

Image save of volume set
Number of volumes: 1

Volume attributes
Structure level:   2
Label:             SYS$USER2
Owner:             SYSTEM
Owner UIC:         [000001,000004]
Creation date:     21-NOV-1988 14:21:49.69
Total blocks:      1216665
Access count:      3
Cluster size:      3
Data check:        No Read, No Write
Extension size:    5
File protection:   System:RWED, Owner:RWED, Group:RE, World:
Maximum files:     152083
Volume protection: System:RWCD, Owner:RWCD, Group:RWCD, World:RWCD
Windows:           7

[000000]A3V01B.DIR;1                                        1   3-FEB-1989 15:10
[A3V01B]ATOG_CONV.DIR;1                                     1   3-FEB-1989 15:43

vmsbackup works just fine on my test case, which for comparison I include
the backup/list heading here:

Save set:          TEX.BCK
Written by:        YATES
UIC:               [000011,000001]