VideoCreator/Vlan example needed

LEE at krdc.int.alcan.ca LEE at krdc.int.alcan.ca
Sun Oct 28 11:35:00 AEST 1990

We just received a Videocreator with a Vlan unit to
control a JVC 811 VCR to try and make video making simple,
but now the work has just begun.  We've got to figure out
how to make the graphics programs smoothly control the generation
of animation.
Does anyone have an piece of example code on setting the vcr to
pre-roll, grab a few frames and then reposition?  The problem is
not the coding, but none of us know much about video, and all the
steps a vcr should undergo to get frame acurrate recordings.

Peter Lee    lee at krdc.alcan.int.ca