Scoop on 4D/35 memory options, anyone?

Christopher Gunn 1k1mgm at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Fri Oct 26 04:50:37 AEST 1990

Is there anybody out there (who's willing to talk) who knows the valid
memory configurations for upcoming 4D/35?  Net-illiterate faculty
member here wants me to find out for him whether he can buy minimal
4D/35 (apparently 8 2Mb SIMMS = 16Mb) and then fill up remaining
SIMM slots with 3rd-party 8Mb SIMMS.  Part Two:  is there word on
the street about whether SGI 2x0/3x0 memory is the right stuff for
35, or is it a new-type SIMM?

I've got long lists of SGI-compatible memory vendors, but if people
have firm price information from last 60 days or so, it would probably
help my consultee in putting proposal together.

Thanks much.

P.S.  Where is wild, speculative gossip about the presumptive SGI
4x0 and/or 6x0 boxes?  Surely, when 35's hit the street in quantity
they won't be tied for top-of-the-line in CPU capacity, will they?

Christopher Gunn	Molecular Graphics & Modeling Lab
SPAN--KUPHSX::GUNN	Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Malott Hall
913-864-4428 or -4495	University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS  66045