xterm key mapping in 3.3.1

Bruno Pape root at sgzh.uucp
Sun Oct 14 19:49:02 AEST 1990

In article <16123 at yunexus.YorkU.CA> gklaass at yunexus.yorku.ca (Gary Klaassen) writes:
>We have been using xterm supplied with Irix 3.2.1 with the -ibmkbd option
>to provide a full vt100 keypad when using
>the edt-emulation mode of gnu emacs on sgi's and other unix machines
>and when using the edt editor itself on a Vax running VMS.
>
>The -ibmkbd option is no longer supported by the xterm that comes with Irix
>3.3.1. We tried the options 'enable application cursor keys/keypad'
>in the xterm VT options menu but they only enable a small number of
>the needed keys.
>
>Does anyone have a solution? Thanks, G. Klaassen

There is no replacement.   There is a bug report on this and the scr
number is 10899.   A workaround is to copy xterm from 3.2 to a 3.3.x
system.  But, you need to kill Xsgi and restart it with bc flag
(plus the flags it was originally started with).

As quoted from my contact in Mountain View.

Bruno Pape