remote plotting

SJRPP CAD Drafting Staff asbuilt at sjrpp.UUCP
Sat Oct 27 04:36:39 AEST 1990

In article <15641 at hydra.gatech.EDU> gt3930c at prism.gatech.EDU writes)
 :-)
 :-)  	I was hoping someone out there might be able to help me with
 :-) a small problem. We have access to a number of machines, but only one
 :-) has an hpgl plotter attached to it ( the plotter is /dev/ttyd3). Is there
 :-) some way we could access it from other machines? I was thinking along the
 :-) lines of some mail type server, where you would send mail to plotter at ...
 :-) and if there is something in /usr/mail/plotter the file gets plotted.
 :-) Any help solving this problem would be appreciated.
 :-) 				H-----
 :-) PS can email directly if you'd like at zuccola at max.gatech.edu

What's wrong with "lpr"? That's what we do and it seems to be OK.
"hpgl" plotters on maching "sjrpp" printcap entrys:

#   hp 7550a table plotter
#   Plotter is set-up factory default except for xon/xoff handshake
#   which is set from /usr/local/lib/hp/hp7550a script
#   (see device set-up in Freelance instructions page A-20)
hp7550a|HP|hplot|hp 7550a plotter:\
	:lp=/dev/ttyh2:\
	:sd=/usr/spool/baytech:\
	:lf=/usr/adm/lpd-errs:\
	:rm=sjrpp:\
	:rp=hp7550a:\
	:mx#0:\
	:br#9600:\
	:sh:\
	:ms=-parity,-cstopb,-ignpar,ixon,ixoff,-echo:\
	:of=/usr/local/lib/hp/hp7550a:
#   Calcomp plotter
calcomp|1043gt|calcomp 1043 GT plotter:\
	:lp=/dev/ttyh1:\
	:sd=/usr/spool/calcomp:\
	:lf=/usr/adm/lpd-errs:\
	:rm=sjrpp:\
	:rp=calcomp:\
	:br#9600:\
	:mx#0:\
	:sh:\
	:sf:\
	:ms=cs7,parenb,-parodd,-ignpar,ixon,ixoff,-echo:
#	:of=/usr/local/lib/calcomp/calcomp:\
#   parallel port Raster Graphics Printer
rg|mcp|paralell|mcp paralell port:\
	:lp=/dev/mcpp0:\
	:sd=/usr/spool/mcp:\
	:lf=/usr/adm/lpd-errs:\
	:rm=sjrpp:\
	:rp=rg:\
	:mx#0:\
	:sh:

The printcap entry on the other machines is similar except for the :lp=
and :ms# stuff.

--
CADD Drafting Staff     UUCP:...gatech!uflorida!unf7!sjrpp!asbuilt
St. Johns River Power Park -------- Technical Services Deptartment