X Windows on 3.3.1

CHRISTOPHER TANNER TANNERC at crl.aecl.ca
Mon Oct 29 13:17:00 AEST 1990

We recently installed IRIS 3.3.1 and are having a few problems with the
X windows.

We are using our IRIS 4D-210/GT (At least I think that is the number), as
to run X window manager and clients with a server on a PC (using ExCeed
from Hummingbird).

1. The OLWM window manager doesn t work. Nothing happens, or the server
dies.

2. Whenever I try to run xhost with no parameters, it kills the server.

3. I cannot seem to get xdm to call the server using the XDMCP querey setting
on the server. (This may be premature, since I have not checked if the server is
sending anything out when it starts up).

4. Xsgi seems to be unreliable. It is not easy to get an X window posted on the
main console as under 3.2.

If anybody can help me figure out what I am doing wrong (if that is the case),
or if I should be sending in a trouble report, I will be very grateful.

Chris Tanner
AECL Research                    TANNERC at cu1.crl.aecl.ca