Video question

Mike Gigante mg at
Mon Oct 29 08:04:41 AEST 1990

I just got a flyer (1 double sided colour) on VideoFramer, a new(?) SGI
product that allows full broadcast single-frame video from any SGI workstation.

I couldn't decide exactly what the system provided from the flyer.

Can anyone who has more knowledge about the VideoFramer please contact me? Email is
probably best.

In case it helps, this is what I intend to purchase without any knowledge
of VideoFramer:

	Abekas A60 + A20 (digital video frame store + digital/composite conv)
	Pal Encoder (brand?)
	Sony BVW 70SP Betacam recorder
	Sony Studio Monitor
	Sony RGB camera + Rostram
	Tektronix waveform gen + vectorscope
	Time based Corrector(s) (#?) (brand?)
	Digital Amps (#?, brand?)
	Patch panel (brand?)
	Routing switch (brand?)

	Barcographics 400 projector + PCU 03 controller +
		RGB analogue interface + ceiling mount
	Barco  RGB analogue splitter

Obviously, some of the gear (e.g. barco) is irrelevent to the question
posed here, but I included it for completeness.

thanks for any advice that anyone can offer (esp. if you have video experience!)

Mike Gigante, RMIT