SCSI error kills window, why?

Loren Buck Buchanan buck at drax.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 25 06:53:42 AEST 1990

The following was logged to the console window:

	sc0,3: Resetting SCSI bus: timeout after 10 sec

	NOTICE: i/o error in swap, [ csh ] -- dev 0x1621, blkno 0x11A88
	Lost time:3262mS/1 sec

	WARNING: mouse out of sync - possible dropped char.

This occured while the Pertec 9 track tape drive (SCSI id 3) was rewinding,
and I had moved the mouse into the window and had pressed the Right mouse
button in order to get the menu so I could pop the window to the top and
see the results of my taperead program.  The window then disappeared.
My taperead program uses the raw SCSI device driver.

Any ideas as to why?

B Cing U

Buck

Loren Buchanan     | buck at drax.gsfc.nasa.gov   | #include <std_disclaimer.h>
CSC, 1100 West St. | ...!ames!dftsrv!drax!buck | typedef int by
Laurel, MD 20707   | (301) 497-2531            | void where_prohibited(by law){}
Phone tag, America's fastest growing business sport.