Minor Problem with 3.3.1 (already posted for 3.3)

Knobi der Rechnerschrat XBR2D96D at DDATHD21.BITNET
Thu Oct 18 18:27:19 AEST 1990

Hallo,

  Just to report a minor problem, introduced in 3.3 and still
persistent in 3.3.1:

  The terminfo entry for the good old vt100 terminals is broken.
The sequences to turn on/off the alternate keypad sequences (smkx/rmkx
in terminfo-terms, ks/ke for termcap) don't work. Having a look at the
current description they read:

  rmkx=\E[?1l   and    smkx=\E[?1h

  After working  with the vt100 manual (and remembering having had the
same problem with the 3100 machines) the two sequences should read:

  rmkx=\E[?1l\E>   and smkx=\E[?1h\E=

  I have reported this in June when I received the early 3.3 release,
but it hasn't made it into 3.3.1. Could somebody at SGI take care of
my suggestion?

Regards
Martin Knoblauch

TH-Darmstadt
Physical Chemistry 1
Petersenstrasse 20
D-6100 Darmstadt, FRG

BITNET: <XBR2D96D at DDATHD21>

PS: I don't agree with some people that the transition 3.2.x->3.3(.1)
    was as bad as 3100->4D. For me it was smooth with some minor, easy
    to work around, problems.

PPS: Somebody posted that a place to raise bug-reports (e.g sgibugs at sgi.com)
     would be a good idea. I back this motion.