Sendmail.cf problems on 3.3

Louis M. McDonald louis at aerospace.aero.org
Thu Oct 18 10:24:18 AEST 1990

This has got to be something simple I am overlooking...

I have use "ease" to rewrite our rules for sendmail (sendmail.cf).
When I replace the sendmail.cf file with mine, and try to send mail
to myself, I get "User unknown". However, if I use the sendmail.cf
that comes with the iris, it works okay. (this is a 3.3 system).

I have also connected to sendmail using port 25, and do a "vrfy" command.
Again, when I use my new sendmail.cf file, the user is unknown, but
the SGI one is okay.

My sendmail.cf use to work okay on another machine. I have tested the
rules with -bt, and everything looks okay.

Is there some magic cookie that I should have in the sendmail.cf file
for the SGI sendmail to work correctly with "vrfy"?

Louis McDonald		Internet: louis at aerospace.aero.org
The Aerospace Corporation
213-336-8914