4D/20 <-> Solbourne/Sun Networking Problem

David Jones d-jones at national-institute-for-medical-research.mrc.ac.uk
Sat Oct 27 20:18:57 AEST 1990

I'm currently trying to integrate two PI 4D/20s into a Solbourne/Sun
network (the PIs are running IRIX 3.2). A problem has arisen in that
'vadmin' complains about being unable to connect to the File Access
Monitor, and the Networking Tools utility is unable to find any
other hosts on the network, even though YP seems to be OK, and
rlogin, rup et al. operate correctly to and from the Irises.

I've never heard of 'fam' before, so I'm stumped by that error - it
doesn't seem to appear in any of the manuals I have here. Could
someone point out where I'm going wrong? I'd be grateful for Email
replies as I'm having problems receiving news at present!