swap space

0000-Admin at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU 0000-Admin at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU
Sun Oct 21 03:27:21 AEST 1990

I'm trying to build GNU EMACS on a PI.  I have successfully built it before
on a 4D80, but here I've not been able to successfully do the final temacs
statement -- which the PROBLEMS file tells me is because I have insufficient
swap space.  This seems very possible to me, but I don't know how to increase
the amount of swap space I have to complete the compilation.
Any descriptions of how swap space works would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Eugene Gholz
(eugholz at athena.mit.edu)