Logical volumes

Alain St-Denis aspgasd at cid.aes.doe.CA
Sat Oct 6 06:00:50 AEST 1990

We are planning to upgrade to IRIX 3.3.1 very soon now and we want to use
the logical volume feature.  So I read all I found about it in the admin
guide and the reference man.  One question arose for which I couldn't find
any answer: Suppose a logical volume that contains two disks.  What would
be the procedure to restore a logical volume in the event of a disk
failure?  Suppose we don't use disk stripping because we're extending our
current file systems using some other disks that are already partitionned
with strange sizes.

If it's a RTFM issue, please point the right manual to me.

Thank you all.

--
Alain St-Denis
Centre informatique de Dorval