Experiences with Video Framer/Video Creator ?

R. Munroe topix at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca
Tue Apr 23 13:29:30 AEST 1991

I'm sure this has probably been discussed in this group before so excuse me
if I'm being redundant if I'm being redundant.  I'd like to hear from
anyone who has used or is currently using either the Video Framer or Video
Creator products from SGI.  The most important issue is the quality of
video output.  We are Wavefront users currently outputting our animation
through 1) a minivas controlling a BVH 2000 (for encoded output) and
2) a minivas controlling a BVW 75 for component output.  For the BVH 2000,
our signal is encoded through a Cox encoder.  Will the Framer or Creator give
us worse, equal, or better quality than we currently have?

Thanks for any and all responses

Bob Munroe
Internet: topix at utcs.utoronto.ca
AppleLink: CDA0695