g++ on sgi 3.3.2

George Lindholm lindholm at ucs.ubc.ca
Thu Apr 25 06:22:42 AEST 1991

In answer to my own question about stderr output, the following patch
fixes the problem.

I also found that I had to link with -lmalloc to avoid core dumps in free.

Also, several of the tests failed either to asserts or wrong answers (and one
core dump):

                     assert       wrong answer      core dump
tString                                x
tInteger                x              x
tBitSet                 x
tBitString              x
tFix                                                    x

*** g++-include/stdio.h.orig	Tue Apr 23 00:51:22 1991
--- g++-include/stdio.h	Wed Apr 24 11:15:17 1991
***************
*** 141,146 ****
--- 141,170 ----

  #endif

+
+ #if defined(sgi)
+ #  define  HAVE_VPRINTF
+ #  define  HAVE_SETVBUF
+ #  define  HAVE_SETLINEBUF
+
+ #  ifdef BUFSIZ
+ #    undef BUFSIZ
+ #  endif
+ #  define BUFSIZ 8192
+
+ #  ifdef _NFILE
+ #    undef _NFILE
+ #  endif
+ #  define _NFILE	100
+
+ #  define IOBUF_FLAG_TYPE char
+ #  define IOBUF_FILE_TYPE char
+
+ #  ifndef USG
+ #    define USG                   /* Important */
+ #  endif
+ #endif
+
  #ifdef hpux
  #define IOBUF_FLAG_TYPE short
  #endif
***************
*** 197,203 ****
  /* check and possibly redefine the following */

  #ifndef VMS
! #define BUFSIZ  1024
  #else
  #define BUFSIZ 512
  #endif
--- 221,229 ----
  /* check and possibly redefine the following */

  #ifndef VMS
! #  ifndef BUFSIZ
! #    define BUFSIZ  1024
! #  endif
  #else
  #define BUFSIZ 512
  #endif

--
George Lindholm                                   phone:    (604) 822-4375
University Computing Services                     internet: lindholm at ucs.ubc.ca