SUMMARY: disk time-out, SCSI reset...

Claude.P.Cantin at nrc.CA Claude.P.Cantin at nrc.CA
Wed Apr 10 04:24:23 AEST 1991

STUPID ME!!!

I had sent a message (last Friday) explaining some error messages after
installing a third party disk.  The disk was, by default, setup as
SCSI address 2.  After the disk was installed, large file transfers
resulted in a number of error messages, including "timeout:  SCSI reset",
and "checksum errors".

I received two responses, both not solving the problem...

Over the weekend, it came to me that the disk had SCSI id 2.  The first
disk has SCSI id 1.  What about the tape drive???  SCSI id 2!!!

This spells CONFLICT!!!

Even "hinv" was ignoring the tape drive entirely...

I went back today and changed the SCSI id of the disk, and everything
works just fine...

Thanks for all who replied,

    Claude Cantin