Pandora and visual login icons

Rodian Paul rpaul at crow.UUCP
Fri Apr 26 03:29:52 AEST 1991

> No No No No.  You missed the point.  I WANT the icons/images to appear.
> I just don't want all 150 of them to appear -- junk those that I specify.
> I need this to be done in such a way that all 150 home directories are
> not searched by pandora.

Excerpt from %man pandora

     If no image exists for a user, a icon representing the user may be
     displayed. The file /etc/passwd.sgi contains a list of users who will be
     displayed with a special icon denoting a "built-in" user.
     This file consists of a series of lines, one for each user. Each line
     contains a list of colon-separated fields. The first field on each line
     is the name of the user. Additional fields may be provided. If the fields
     "noshow" or "noicon" are present, the icon will not be displayed on the
     login panel. The user will be required to type the full username in order
     to log in.

     Users whose home directory does not exist will not be displayed as icons.