libgl.a questions

David R. Blythe drb at eecg.toronto.edu
Mon Apr 29 15:48:08 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr24.171552.28289 at odin.corp.sgi.com> kurt at cashew.asd.sgi.com (Kurt Akeley) writes:
>In article <1991Apr24.155649.26399 at odin.corp.sgi.com>, kipp at warp.esd.sgi.com (Kipp Hickman) writes:
>|> Ahem.  I don't know the answer to the first part - if systems without the
>|> development option will be able to construct your application...However,
>|> you can construct it yourself by linking it with the shared gl library.
>|> Speaking of that, there will no lon|> ger be an unshared library in future
>|> releases.  Its a bad evil nasty icky broken thing that should never have
>|> been shipped because it leads to problems beyond belief.  In any case, if
>|> you link your program with the shared gl it will run on ALL 4D pla
>|> , thus (I am guessing) solving two problems with one solution.

[Sorry this is a followup to kipp's not kurt's posting] ... Does this mean pixie
will work with shared libraries?  This sort of seems unlikely since pixie is
pretty grungy, but I believe Jim Barton did mention that pixie was rewritten ...
Anyway if it doesn't I hope the unshared library will stay for
measurement/tuning purposes.
	-drb