bash for SGI

Bill Silvert silvert at cs.dal.ca
Tue Apr 30 01:22:12 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr25.220053.7082 at rusmv1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de> zrzr0111 at helpdesk.rus.uni-stuttgart.de (Kurt Jaeger aka PI) writes:
>In article <1991Apr23.231449.12530 at cs.dal.ca> silvert%biome at cs.dal.ca writes:
>>Huh?  I ftp'd bash 1.07 from CWRU and it runs on my PI without difficulty.
>>Did I miss something?
>I tried it, too. It failed when I did "set | more" or "set | less".
>
>So I did not consider using it. Did *I* miss something ?

Right, pipes don't work.  I'm a non-smoker, so I missed that.  So I'll
echo the original request, anyone have a working copy of bash?

Pipes vanish into the background.  If you run fg you hang.

--
William Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division, Bedford Inst. of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2.  Tel. (902)426-1577
BITNET=silvert%biome%dalcs at dalac	InterNet=silvert%biome at cs.dal.ca