bash for SGI

Tom Weinstein tom at bears.ucsb.edu
Wed Apr 24 12:18:47 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr23.231449.12530 at cs.dal.ca>, silvert at cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) writes:
> In article <10751 at hub.ucsb.edu> tom at bears.ucsb.edu writes:
>>In article <9104220815.AA05532 at ugle.unit.no>, kalle at sima.sintef.no writes:
>>
>>> Did anyone port bash to the 4D series ? I am running Irix-3.3.1 going 3.3.2
>>> in a few days...
>>
>>Brian is back from Germany.  With any luck, 1.07 will be released soon.

> Huh?  I ftp'd bash 1.07 from CWRU and it runs on my PI without difficulty.
> Did I miss something?

Yeah.  That's not an official release of bash.  That's Chet's personal
version that includes most of 1.07 plus some stuff that he's added.  The
real 1.07 (or maybe 1.08) will hopefully be out real soon now.

It's rather unfortunate that it's come to the point where Chet was
forced to release an unofficial version, but hopefully it will spur
Brian to get in gear and give us a real release.

He is Bob...eager for fun.         | Tom Weinstein  tom at bears.ucsb.edu
He wears a smile... Everybody run! |                tweinst at polyslo.calpoly.edu