SGI GL compatible Graphics Libraries

Prof. David F. Rogers dfr at usna.NAVY.MIL
Thu Apr 11 12:02:20 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr6.061634.7782 at menudo.uh.edu> svec5 at menudo.uh.edu (T.C. Zhao) writes:
!While we are talking about SGI, could someone tell me if there
!is a DVI viewer for the SGI written in GL ? I know of xdvi but I
!do not have the X developmen package. Or if anyone can mailed
!me a uuencoded executable xdvi, I will appreciate very much.(by
!the way, the machine is an SGI-4D/210GTX runing IRIS 3.2.1).

Yes, there is a .dvi driver available written in GL. It is called
texsgi. It is available by anonymous ftp from vgr.brl.mil although
the specific machine may change. I'll look it up tomarrow in the office.

Dave Rogers