DVI previewer (texsgi/xdvi)

Mike Gigante mg at
Mon Apr 8 06:29:51 AEST 1991

svec5 at menudo.uh.edu (T.C. Zhao) writes:

>While we are talking about SGI, could someone tell me if there
>is a DVI viewer for the SGI written in GL ? I know of xdvi but I
>do not have the X developmen package. Or if anyone can mailed
>me a uuencoded executable xdvi, I will appreciate very much.(by
>the way, the machine is an SGI-4D/210GTX runing IRIS 3.2.1).

>Thanks in advance.  (svec5 at menudo.uh.edu)

Not xdvi, but the program `texsgi' is a DVI previewer written in native
GL. It is available as both a binary and as source code (with a man
page) on godzilla.cgl.rmit.oz.au (131.170.14.2).

For reasons that have been explained to me by someone at SGI, GTX
performance is worse than expected (I used rectwrite/lrectwrite). It
performs very well on PIs.

Mike Gigante
mg at godzilla.cgl.rmit.oz.au