lp question

Peter S. Shenkin shenkin at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Sun Apr 28 08:23:53 AEST 1991

Sometimes my system gets into a state in which "lpstat" shows jobs queued up,
but the "cancel" command returns the message "PostScript was not busy", or
something like that.  The jobs show up using the Printer Tool, and can
be deleted using it, but does anyone know what is happening?  Can you
suggest a way that I can cancel these jobs using "cancel" or something
similar?

This is a 4d25 / IRIX 3.2.2 / Transcript / Apple LaserWriter IINT.  I
did not get Transcript from SGI;  Columbia has a site-license, so I
put it up myself starting with source.

	-P.
Peter S. Shenkin, Department of Chemistry, Barnard College, New York, NY  10027
(212)854-1418  shenkin at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu(Internet)  shenkin at cunixf(Bitnet)
***"In scenic New York... where the third world is only a subway ride away."***