C++ on the IRIS?

Jeff Sorenson jsorenso at thesis1.med.uth.tmc.edu
Fri Apr 19 09:37:07 AEST 1991

I am new to both the IRIS and this newsgroup.  I'm hoping that someone who
reads this group can give me some advice.  I'm going to be working on a
project soon which require a C++ compiler for the IRIS.  Does anyone know
of a good C++ compiler for the IRIS?  Since we want the program to be as
portable as possible, we want to implement the interface with x-windows.
Is there a class library for x-windows that will allow me to treat
things like windows, menus, scroll bars,and the mouse as objects? Or will
I have to create these from scratch?  Any replies by e-mail or on the net
would be greatly appreciated.
				-Jeff Sorenson
				jsorenso at thesis1.med.uth.tmc.edu