Problems with kermit (was Transfer files between PC and IRIS)

Martin Hofmann martin at zoo.toronto.edu
Tue Apr 9 23:25:43 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr8.163047.9040 at odin.corp.sgi.com> portuesi at tweezers.esd.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi) writes:
>In article <1991Apr5.222307.5567 at eng.umd.edu>, Naiming Shen writes:
>> I am ordering a cable(null modem) to link my PC and IRIS. Can someone
>> tell me which communication software on IRIS is best to use to trasfer
>> files between those two machines. I have PCPlus on PC.
>

>I own a Toshiba laptop to use for light-duty computing tasks when
>I'm away from my 4D/20.  I find the most trouble-free file transfer
>solution is Kermit for MS-DOS communicating with the Kermit
>program we supply in 4Dgifts.

I also use kermit to transfer to/from a PC, mainly to take files home.
I have however noticed a problem using wild cards in transfers.  The problem
occurs when I try invoke server mode on the IRIS and then get *.c.  The error
message says something like, no files found.  Using debug mode on kermit seems
to point to kermit on the IRIS not properly exapnding the wild cards.  Has
anyone else had this problem and has anyone got a fix for it?
--
The world is sacred.  You cannot improve it.	| Martin Hofmann, U of Toronto
If you try to change it, you will ruin it.	| martin at zoo.toronto.edu
If you try to hold it, you will lose it.	| martin at zoo.utoronto.ca
	Lao Tsu, "Tao Te Ching"			| uunet!attcan!utzoo!martin