Problems with kermit (was Transfer files between PC and IRIS)

Russell J Fulton;ccc032u russell at ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz
Wed Apr 10 07:27:02 AEST 1991

martin at zoo.toronto.edu (Martin Hofmann) writes:

>I also use kermit to transfer to/from a PC, mainly to take files home.
>I have however noticed a problem using wild cards in transfers.  The problem
>occurs when I try invoke server mode on the IRIS and then get *.c.  The error
>message says something like, no files found.  Using debug mode on kermit seems
>to point to kermit on the IRIS not properly exapnding the wild cards.  Has
>anyone else had this problem and has anyone got a fix for it?

We have had various problems with the kermit supplied on the IRIS. In the
end I got the latest distribution of Unix kermit from Columbia and compiled
it without problems. Sofar it seems to be performing well  although I have
not had time to check that all the problems have been fixed.

Cheers, Russell.

--
Russell Fulton, Computer Center, University of Auckland, New Zealand.
<rj_fulton at aukuni.ac.nz>