formatting man pages without DWB (FAQ)

John H Merritt merritt at iris613.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 26 00:54:09 AEST 1991

In article <JIM.91Apr24114831 at baroque.Stanford.EDU> you write:

>     So, my question is, given access to Suns & DECstations it possible
                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He was running the command 'nroff' on these machines which have DWB.
I was merely giving him the options to use and assumed that he
could put them into context.

>At least as of 3.3.1, no DWB means no nroff.  So this won't get you
>very far.

Don't flame me.  Just provide this information ...
>  There is an awk-based formatter called AWF (A workable
[bla...]

Flame me if the original poster was a 'she'  :-)

              John H. Merritt --> merritt at iris613.gsfc.nasa.gov
              Applied Research Corporation at NASA/GSFC
              "I am generally intolerant of ignorance,
               but I have made an exception in your case."