Second disk in a PI 4D/25 TG

Sam Fulcomer sgf at cfm.brown.edu
Fri Apr 26 23:07:44 AEST 1991

In article <21042512310717 at lax.wisc.edu> SENGER at LAX.WISC.EDU writes:
>Is it possible to put a second disk in the slot above the catridge
>tape drive on the PI? If so, information on appropriate disks, sources

Falcon systems will sell you the bracket and seems to have the
best price of any source (for brackets...). Their # is 916-344-1221.

My suspicion is that you can use just about any drive as long as it's
jumpered correctly. SGI's fx utility is quite good (if not UI, certainly
the handling of the drive config...). I've installed the Fuji M2266.
Cursory initial testing showed nearly 2MB/sec on mixed r/w through the
filesystem (on a 4D-35...).
--
Sam Fulcomer	sgf at cfm.brown.edu		What, me panic: uba crazy

Associate Director for Computing Facilities and Scientific Visualization
Brown University Center for Fluid Mechanics, Turbulence and Computation