Gouraud shading bug(?) on 4D20G under 3.3.2

Karl Henrik Eggestad kalle at sima.sintef.no
Thu Apr 18 16:33:05 AEST 1991

I have a similar problem with a code that works very well on my 4D25TG but
really sc**ws up on my 4D320VGX. That as well is with Gouraud-shaded polys
(triangs and quads) that have a nice soft shade on the 4D25 but are multi-
colored facets on the VGX.

The code was recompiled from the 25 to the 320...

Vitals are

   . IRIX 3.3.1 on both
   . infinite lighting model
   . pretty simple shading model
   . no textures
   . model size ... less than 3,000 polygons

Any hints ? I hate to tell all my users that... oh well.. you better stick to
the Personal Iris.. the VGX isn't feeling too well these days..."

Mail or post (if info is of public interest)

Karl Eggestadm
research scientist
SINTEF Industrial math,
Norway