Fuji 2266SA problem

Tad Guy tadguy at abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 12 00:52:20 AEST 1991

olson at anchor.esd.sgi.com (Dave Olson) writes:
> tadguy at abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) writes:
> | Does anyone have experience with Fujitsu 2266SA disks in power series
> | workstations?
> | 	dks0d2s10: Unrecoverable device error: Internal controller error.
>
> this actually *IS* descriptive.  ...  a command failed with check
> condition status, and the primary sense code was 4 (Unrecoverable
> device error), with an additional sense code value of 0x44 (Internal
> controller error).
>
> The driver is passing on to you as much info as it got from the drive.
> It doesn't sound like this error is related to jumper settings, but it
> is possible.

Thanks...

Shortly after I posted my message, I discovered a 2266 related posting
in comp.periphs.scsi, that recommended turning off the read-ahead
cache.  I've done so and haven't had any errors yet (in over 24
hours).  In a separate email message, I was told that this is a known
Fuji firmware bug...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but it looks good so far.
Thanks for the responses.

> Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

Yes.
	...tad