psview and NewCentury... fonts

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Fri Apr 19 03:55:24 AEST 1991

In article <9104121910.AA21667 at tc2.chem.iastate.edu>, atchity at TC2.CHEM.IASTATE.EDU ("Gregory J. Atchity") writes:
|> I can't get "psview" to display New Century Schoolbook fonts, but then I really
|> don't know what they're called...  I'm writing my own postscript generating
|> programs, and I tried several variations of NewCenturySchlbk, and variations
|> with hypens between the words.  The findfont failed every time.

NewCenturySchlbk-Roman
NewCenturySchlbk-Bold
NewCenturySchlbk-Italic

are the standard PostScript names.  If you tried those, then perhaps you don't
have the New Century Schoolbook fonts on your system.  I think you need to be
running at least IRIX 3.3.2 to have these fonts.
--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"Spirits of genius are always opposed by mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein