Sun-Spots Digest, v6n63

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at RICE.EDU
Tue Apr 26 04:28:12 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST          Friday, 22 April 1988        Volume 6 : Issue 63

Today's Topics:
                      Re: Autoinitialization failure
                     Re: Adding 3rd SMD disk to Suns
                        slip for suns running 3.n
                   Symbolic Link Superceding Path Name
              Request help with fstab entry for bg nfs mount
                      A Question about Shared memory
                      LaserJet+ support: 8 bit data?
                     NIT protocol on SUN questions ?
                    "rusers" RPC broadcasts on a SUN?
               Problems attaching a printronix to a SUN 3?
                        SUN 4/280   SLIP to CISCO?
                              Article Index?

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
"archive-server at rice.edu" or mail the word "help" to the same address
for more information.

Date:    Sat, 16 Apr 88 00:16:42 PDT
From:    hoptoad.UUCP!gnu at cgl.ucsf.edu (John Gilmore)
Subject: Re: Autoinitialization failure

If you declare "double sqrt();" your test case works fine.  It's not a
compiler problem, just a misdeclared return type.

[[ Another "bug" bites the dust.  How many times have we blamed our
programming mistakes on the compiler?  Sigh.  Thanks in advance to all the
others who will point out this bug as well.  --wnl ]]