Need SunView Help

Steven Bickel bickel at nprdc.arpa
Fri Dec 23 04:38:29 AEST 1988

ssc-vax!dmg at beaver.cs.washington.edu (David Geary) writes:
>1)  How can I get a pointer to the CURRENT window?

Sounds like what you want is the old gfx subwindow stuff - before canvas'
and frames - the dark "tool" era.  Look for the old framedemo code,
flight, etc.

>2)  Once I get a pointer to my window, I want to be able to
>    programmatically resize the window.

I do not know if gfx can do this, but windowmanager calls should be able
to (?).

>3)  I'd also like to draw into the window....

Once you open the gfx it is easily written to because their is a pixwin
within every graphics window.

>I've searched through the SunView manual, and can't find the answers, so
>any help, of course, would be greatly appreciated?

You might also try the windowmanager code level stuff.  I have been able
to do some "non-supported" stuff at this level.  You might try opening a
window, retrieving its parent, retrieving the parents file descriptor, and
then resizing it.  I do not know if you will then be able to draw in it
though??

   Steve Bickel

          Steve Bickel                          bickel at nprdc.arpa
	  Systems Engineering Assoc.            (619) 553-9306
	  Naval Personel R & D Center.