2 SunOS 4.0 Mailtool Questions

David R. Linn drl at vuse.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Dec 15 02:00:53 AEST 1988

I have 2 mailtool questions. Is there a way to instruct mailtool to read a
folder or new mail and display the headers but *not* display the first
(new) message?  I often like to save digests until I have read short
messages but have occasionally forgotten to "preserve" a digest that was
automatically read when its file was read in.  If I make this mistake and
then do a "commit changes and retrieve new mail", the digest disappears
into my mbox ``unread''.

Also, is there any easy way to get mailtool to read a .sig file?
Currently, I type ".sig" on a line by itself, select the line, choose
"Include File" from the textedit menu, reselect the .sig line and delete
the selection.  It seems like there should be an easier way.  Perhaps this
can be done with .textswrc or .ttyswrc (but these don't seem to be
documented online even though /usr/man/man5/List.5 thinks there is a man
page for textswrc).

BTW, did anyone get chess on a 4.0 tape? Our 4.0 stuff has chesstool but
no chess.

	 David

David Linn, System Manager/Postmaster      |INET:
Vanderbilt University School of Engineering| drl at vuse.vanderbilt.edu
Post Office Box 1824, Station B            |Phone:
Nashville, TN, USA  37235                  | [+1] 615-343-6164